Category Archives: Dynamite

Dynamite 2011 Version 2

Before completing the build of this version of Dynamite I decided to upgrade to the latest components. This includes 3D printing from Shapeways, new smaller FingerTech tinyESC v2 motor controllers, a new DelTang Rx71 DSM2 Micro Receiver and a redesigned chassis.

Posted in Dynamite, Our robots | Comments Off

Dynamite 2011 – starting to build

Here’s the CAD for the base plate

Posted in Dynamite, Our robots | Comments Off

Dynamite 2011: CAD stage

This is the new Dynamite for 2011. The yellow part is the 1mm polycarbonate chassis, and will be folded over when it’s finally built. The green parts are 4mm polycarbonate. I decided to redesign after Fast Dalek beat Dynamite 9 … Continue reading

Posted in Dynamite, Our robots | Comments Off

Dynamite: 2006 – 2011

Dynamite won another AWS and continues to be rebuilt every year or so, as parts of it get damaged. The only original parts are the receiver and motor controllers. If I were to redesign it, the only real change I’d … Continue reading

Posted in Dynamite, Our robots | Comments Off

Dynamite: Mk IV – More new motors, faster

Mk IV was again completely rebuilt, this time with: 443rpm motors from fastcomponents: 9.3g instead of 8.2g Lighter armour (1mm polycarbonate, instead of 4mm) on the sides Which allows for a “wedge” weapon front and back – these are sharpened titanium.

Posted in Dynamite, Our robots | Comments Off

Dynamite: Mk III – New motors

Mk III was completely rebuilt to the best standards I could manage: I managed to cut the 4mm polycarbonate more accurately by using a circular saw (which didn’t bend when cutting, unlike the jigsaw I had been using previously)

Posted in Dynamite, Our robots | Comments Off

Dynamite: Mk II – More solid, more reliable

Mk I was a bit wobbly, so I added a titanium chassis that would be much stiffer than polycarbonate. Apart from that, and the shortening of the wires, it’s pretty much the same as Mk I

Posted in Dynamite, Our robots | Comments Off

25th February 2005: Mk I – A good start

This version of dynamite had to be built a couple of times before it worked properly. The problem is that the 4mm polycarbonate sides have to be cut very square or the robot frame is twisted and all four wheels … Continue reading

Posted in Dynamite, Our robots | Comments Off